Snus NEWS – Get latest news on all new brands and product

Monday, July 14, 2008

An email from a snus fan....on Illegal Immigration First-Hand.



It's not every day I get an email combining one of my favorite subjects, Swedish Snus, with one of my pet peeves, illegal immigration. In fact, I've never received one before or anticipating receiving one.

It just goes to show you that every one has a story. The author gave me permission to use his full name and post this, but for his sake, I'll just publish the initials. And here is his email:
........................................................................

Hey there,

I ran into your blog after purchasing snus for the first time (can't wait to try it). I'm a 22 year old male out of St. Louis. If your blog contained excerpts on poker I would have to think we are the same person.

I wanted to share with you some of my experiences with illegal immigrants at my job.

I work for a third party vendor licensed and employed through ATT. The company's name is Real Time Results (not a care in the world on the name dropping I'm getting my CDL and becoming a trucker at the end of the month).

We process 80 percent of our phone and HSI/DSL connects out of Texas.

I would say, with a low ball estimate here, 40% of the customers out of Texas with Hispanic names who try to set up new services have to illegals.

I say this because a lot of them do not have driver's licenses, genuine social security numbers (most of the time they belong to family member's of theirs or they are stolen), they generally fail our credit credential check, and so it goes on and on.

Out of 25 phone calls I decided to jot down some stuff.

Out of the 25 phone calls,

-24 where people from Texas. 1 was from Kansas. 19 of the 25 were Hispanic. Out of those 19:

--12 didn't have a drivers license.
--9 failed to have a social security number.
--18 failed the credit check.
--5 claimed to be unemployed.
--10 couldn't speak English well or at all.


And this is the crap I gotta deal with all day!


I'm almost positive its illegal to set up services that have contracts to illegal citizens. ATT is slowly getting rid of contract based-services (DSL and Phone their mission is accomplished, they are trying to do this with their cell phones now too).


Either way, love the blog sir. Keep up the good work!



F.P.


Technorati Tags:, , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

Technorati Tags:, , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

Del.icio.us Add to del.icio.us Digg DiggIt! Reddit Reddit Stumbleupon Stumble This Google Bookmarks Add to Google Bookmarks Yahoo My Web Add to Yahoo MyWeb Technorati Add to Technorati Faves Slashdot Slashdot it

1 comment:

Mr. UnloadingZone said...

Thanks not only for your comments, but for the statistical data to back it up.

As for it being illegal to set up services for illegal aliens, frankly I wouldn't be surprised if the Federal Government Subsidized the program.

Nothing surprises me about the tangled mess of law and politics we call illegal immigration anymore.

But at least we still have Swedish Snus!

Thanks for visiting and come back soon!

Sincerely,

Mr. Unloadingzone

Mrs. Unloadingzone

Mrs. Unloadingzone
"The Girl of my Dreams"